Do you notice that you or a loved one has trouble hearing? If so — we can help! Get a FREE hearing screening in the CHH Audiology Van.
Some hearing aid checks and consults can also be performed.
You might have hearing loss if you . . .
- require frequent repetition
- have difficulty following conversations
- think that other people sound muffled or you think they may be mumbling
- have difficulty hearing in noisy situations such as restaurants, malls, parties or other crowded events
- have trouble hearing children and women
- have your TV, radio or smart speaker turned up to a high volume
- have a family history of hearing loss
- take medications that can harm the hearing system
- have diabetes, thyroid, heart, circulation problems
- have been exposed to loud sounds over a long period of time or single exposure to explosive noise
This is part of Project Independence.
Project Independence is a program of the Town of North Hempstead’s Department of Services for the Aging (DOSA). The mission of Project Independence is to assist and enable aging residents of the Town to remain in their own communities and familiar surroundings as they grow older, if this is their choice. This multi-service initiative involves coordination with many community partners.